About The Western Conference on Safety 2020
Welcome to the 25th Annual Western Conference on Safety, Western Canada’s largest occupational health and safety event. Each year, members of the conference steering committee search throughout North America seeking out the best topics and speakers and bringing them to the Western Conference on Safety.
Last year was a great success and was the 14th year hosting the conference at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver with more than 1200 people coming out to participate.
The conference includes a blend of seminars aimed at everyone from the new safety committee member to the most experienced safety professional. With 27 seminars and courses and an 80 booth tradeshow this conference has something for everyone.
What’s New This Year?
- New sessions specifically for safety committee, supervisors, and safety professionals
- The latest information on provincial and federal regulatory updates
- Higher level sessions for Safety Professionals
- Admission to all conference sessions
- Admission to the Safety Tradeshow
- Refreshments at breaks
- Conference delegate tote bag and kit
- Conference and Tradeshow Information Package
Benefits of Attending:
Knowledge and skills you can use to reduce or eliminate accidents on your worksite including:
- Up to 26 seminars and post conference courses on the latest in occupational health, safety and wellness
- Introductory sessions for those new to safety
- Special sessions specifically for new or experienced safety committee members
- Advanced sessions for experienced safety practitioners
- Exposure to 80 safety booths filled with the latest safety equipment, information and resources
- Network with others involved in safety, hear what works and what doesn’t in safety
- Save money with reduced guest room rates at one of the finest hotels in Vancouver, centrally located on or near all the best of public transit systems.
Who Should Attend?
- Safety Committee Members
- Safety Coordinators
- Construction Safety Officers
- National Construction Safety Officers and National Health and Safety Administrators (a NSCO and NHSA Endorsed Maintenance Event)
- Union Safety Officers
- Safety Professionals
- Human Resource Professionals
- Anyone who is responsible for safety at work
Very inspiring conference, full of positivity and opportunity for growth. I would recommend it.
Nicole Kwieton – City of Richmond